Monday, October 27, 2008

Anyone selling motivation?



So, I am obviously lacking motivation, as evidenced by my lack of posts!

Here are my problems:
1. I love sugar. Enough said.
2. I would rather work out in the morning than the afternoon.
3. I currently wake up at 5:30 every morning just to get ready for school or my internship on time.
4. School is stressing me out, which means I need to exercise to manage the stress.
5. I have lost most of my motivation.

Now, I hate talking about this with all of you because all of you are mothers who haven't slept through the night in YEARS. So I feel a little guilty even bringing up my lack of sleep issues.

That said, I think I may need to join the gym across the street (that's right, ACROSS THE STREET) and make Jeff go and work out with me three days per week from 5am-6am. The thought is painful, but so is the thought of getting fat again. Which one will win?

Any tips? Motivational tools? Anything?

In the past I have reminded myself "my health is more important than my cravings." This isn't working at this point. I don't really eat treats, Dr. Pepper is more of the issue. And really, Dr. Pepper is just liquid sugar.

HELP!

p.s. on a lighter and happier note, I got a hair cut and it turned out really cute. Nicole, I will send a new pic to be posted soon!

8 comments:

  1. Girl, I feel ya in the motivation dept. I love getting on here and reading everyone's posts and looking at the pictures really gets me pumped but By the time thursday rolls around I am just out of motivation. Just know that you aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica...thanks for being so candid with us all.
    I'm not that great at knowing what to say or how to motivate you but I'll just write what I would say to myself in this position:
    "first....you don't need to stop drinking Dr. pepper if that is too much right now. maybe limit yourself to 3 a day...then work your way down over a few months time. focus on exercising and maybe the dr. pepper will wean itself out. just b/c you drink lots of dr. pepper doesn't mean your exercise merits you nothing. cardio is great for your heart. I always remind myself that tonnes of people have done this! they have changed their lives and become healthy and fit with exercise and there's no reason why I can't do that too!. I just have to make ONE good decision at a time. I try not to look at the week or month b/c it's too overwhelming..I just ask myself each day..can I make good decisions TODAY? I just need to exercise TODAy....then I repeat it each day.
    I don't know if this helps but just don't give up Jessica! keep coming back here each day and we'll help you !! you can do this!! just 1 choice a day. just do ONE thing of exercise a day until it becomes a habit.
    we love you and are proud of you for facing this head on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks nicole. I appreciate the support. i tend to be an "all or nothing" type of person, which eventually leads to failure. never a good thing.

    also, i am thinking about doing the reset just to help get me on track (maybe not right now, but soon). What is the website that Steve has where i can order it?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH. i totally understand! i'm also an all or nothing person...it makes things really hard. i'm afrraid once I hit my goal i'll just stop working out! lol. hope not.
    here is steve's web link:
    http://livingithealthy.googlepages.com/healthyweightloss
    when you're ready to start, just email me and i'll get it sent to you asap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm shopping for motivation as well! if you find some on sale, let me know :) i hear that they're discontinuing DP though! weird! :) and can't wait to see the new pics

    ReplyDelete
  6. OKay you are so cute and funny. We have all been there at some point. You sound just like me. I'm an all or nothing person. If I start the day off well eating right etc. my whole day is good but if I start it off badly then I'm TOAST!!! I have some stupid tricks I use. They might help.. kinda embarrassing to admit though. Oh well..

    1) Put an awesome inshape picture of you or someone you want to look like (realistic though)if the fridge so you see it everytime you open the door.

    2) Drink lots of water. Always carry it with you.

    3) Make sure your breakfast is SUPER healthy!!!!!!!

    4)K.. this is the dumbest one... I call it ab muscle clench. Focus on engaging your abs throughout your day... no matter what you are doing. Not sucking in your gut but kinda. Do you know what I mean? It just helps me focus and helps me maintain good healthy thoughts. Makes me want to work out and eat right.

    Sorry.. I hope these help. I'm an idiot, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MC, you'r enot an idiot! I love those. infact i'm going to find a pic online for motivation. i've NEVER had the waist I want so I have to find a picture:)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. MC, those were great tips! I really struggle with breakfast and I go through phases where I don't even eat breakfast. Other times it is just really unhealthy (like today, cookies for breakfast!)

    anyway, can i use your goal picture as MY goal picture. oh wait, you said it had to be realistic. never mind!

    ReplyDelete