Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dilemma

Hey Girls, I know I haven't gotten to know a lot of you yet but I think this is a great way to support each other and be accountable! So my name is Lacey, I am 24 years old and have never been athletic. I like sports but have never been good enough to be o na team. (I know because I tried out every year from grade 6-12 for EVERY sport and got cut from EVERY team) Anyways I enjoy being active and getting outside but I find it hard to stay motivated without support. Obesity runs in my family in fact my mom is 24 and just had gastric bypass surgery. I pray everyday that I am not looking into my "physical" future when I See the struggles she is having with her weight. Growing up I never had to think about my weight, I am 5'4 and graduated at 100 pounds, when I was married 4 years later I was weighing it at 125 and loving my body! I got pregnant 6 months later and started packing on the pound. On the day I went into labour I was 198 pound, to save yo the mental math that is a 78 pound weight gain! I now sit between 130 and 135 depending on the day and the scale. but I would love to get back to 120. I love having curves and do not want to have super toned abs but I would like to be toned and active. I would like to look like I did on my Honey moon

So here is my dilemma, my son is now 18 months old and my husband and I are ready to get pregnant again. Ofcoures this terrifies me after the mass amount of weight I gained last time but I know having another little one will be worth it. From what my doctor tells me you can maintain your level of fitness during pregnancy but not increase it. I want to get start exercising now so that I can continue when I am pregnant but is it to late? will it decress my chances of getting pregnant is I start working out now? Grrr...I just feel frustrated. We actually have been trying for 7 months and that is why I think, Well your not getting pregnant so you minus well start getting in shape! I don't really know what to do or what to think, I'd love your imput! I know this was kind of personal but that is what this is all about right? being real, supporting each other, and hitting our goals!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I know I don't know you but I do NOT think it is too late. After all you are not pregnany yet and anything that you do to get inshape before you get pregnant will only help your pregnancy. Just take it in stride, when people first start working out it's not that intense anyway. Hey it could take you three more months to get pregnant and you'd be well on your way of attaining your goal. And your fitness level would be awesome! And if it takes you just one month to get pregnant at least you have started a healthy fitness program. It doesn't have to be super intense or anything. Just something to get you started on your healthy goals. That's my two cents anyway :) Welcome.. by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with MC..I think you should start...I dont' think exercising will decrease your chances...and we totally believe if it's meant to be it will happen right?
    If you started going hardcore like body building..then maybe but I think some light jogging and weights, pilates, whatever is fine. General exercise is necessary to be healthy so it wouldn't effect pregnancy...I think that's only if you're doing it like crazy:)
    anyway, so glad you're here...and yes, i'm going to try to run while at Traceys...and take some p90x dvd's too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, first of all you are totally motivated to keep trying out for the teams. is your motto "Never Give up" or what? love that about you and i don't even know you. however, my input is i agree with nicole and mc. i think anything is better than nothing. i've never been one to love exercise, but i think it would probably help you during this pregnancy, even if it's just to be healthier. i think i was a bit more active my second pregnancy (not necessarily working out) so i didn't gain quite as much. anywho, good luck with it. and you look hot on the honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete