Wednesday, October 29, 2008

hmmmm.....

So, I was all excited this morning b/c I went running (2mi) and then came home and did Legs and back dvd with P90X.....
But then I just retook my measurements and they're the same...well my arms and waist anyway....
I want to lose 1.5-2" off my waist and I haven't lost a THING! i'm exactly the same!!! sigh...
I guess it means I need to start eating better.....this sucks
Maybe I should do a reset and see if that helps.
It's less than 2mos til my birthday and my goals are:
1. get my waist down to 26.5" atleast~
2. Have definition in my legs and a firmer butt and nice hamstrings.....

So....I feel a bit discouraged....I do see my butt getting firmer and my legs getting more defined ...BUT my tummy is staying the same!:(....and that's where I want most of my focus...
crap..any suggestions?????????

5 comments:

  1. you are probably just gaining muscle there. And to be honest Nicole.. I don't know what you would be losing off of your tummy, there really is no fat there to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same belly thing going on-and I really think it's baby belly stretch. It might have something to do with having 9-10lb+ sized babies, or maybe just the baby thing in general. I KNOW that EVEN the hollywood moms that have constant personal training and personal chefs have the same stretchy prob. Rumor has it that Angelina J. had some work done after her babies. Just think about how far our bodies have to stretch. I don't think you have inches to lose. Only if there were some miracle way to lose the stretch. I think you look beach body ready Nicole(o: Keep up those ab exercises! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So weird that this is your post today because this is exactly how I have been feeling! I think the belly thing SUCKS!!!! I have the same problem. No matter how much I work on my stomach a layer of giggly stuff always stays. I think HONI is right I think once your stomach has been stretched by baby, the skin is never the same. Only a tummy tuck can fix that but I think as long as your stomach is strong that little extra shouldn't matter. I can see my muscles under the baby badge skin. I know my muscles are strong but I also can't seem to make it get any smaller. I don't think my over eating helps though LOL AHHHHH... and like you I can feel my legs slowly getting "there" but not my tum tum:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I disagree with you all. MC, how can you say that? in that picture of you in your bikini..you have NO extra flab!! and you had 2 kids.....

    huh? huh? explain......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the picture and I'm sure she looks amazing in it-but pictures are one thing-grabbing your tummy and stretching it-or BENDING OVER is a whole other story(o: I'm totally fine with my tummy standing straight up and looking in the mirror-it's all of the other angles that upset me a little bit-he he. My grandma was in fantastic shape after having FOUR kids, but could never get rid of the stretch-so she had a little tuck. I DO think it's a badge of greatness though and after a certain point- when you can see the six pack under the skin or whatever your goal-you should just be happy with it(o: I also think with each kid it stretches a little bit more. After I had Adler I was way happier with my tummy than I am now. It wasn't as stretched.

    ReplyDelete