Friday, October 10, 2008

MC checking in

So I just finished my Pylo Legs DVD. It was awesome as usual... the kids joined me for some. So cute. They told me I have big muscles... WOO HOO ( yeah right). I feel it is important for kids to see their parents W/O. It's good for them to know it makes you healthy and strong. Build healthy habits :) Anyway, feeling good so far. I'm worried about this weekend though with Canadian Thanksgiving. I have been known to have the appetite of a pig. And I'm cooking. Oh whatever, I'll just do an extra run or something :P.


I wanted to say thank-you to Lacey for her awesome post. I don't know anyone other than Nicole and it was fun to get to know her and a bit about her story. It makes it easier to be supportive. So good job LACEY!!!!! So maybe everyone could write a bit about themselves so we can get to know everyone better. Okay, well I'll follow Lacey lead, if you don't mind.


I'm Marie-Claire. I'm 28 (soon to be 29) a wife and mother of two. Luke is almost 6 and Sophia who is 2.5. Not sure if we are gonna have more. We would like to but not for a few years. I was born and raised in South Africa and moved to Canada when I was 15. I have always been sporty. I was on the South African junior Olympic Squad for Gymnastics. I did Gymnastics for years. But I am an all round athlete. Love fitness and health. Makes me excited and happy. But as I have got older with kids etc. I have become LAZY! I torn my ACL and MCL in my knee.. so three knee surgeries later I really need to keep it strong. After my Sophia was born if found I had separated stomach muscles.. so now I have to work super hard to keep those strong because they will never fully heal. Also I suffer from depression so working out keeps me sane.. literally. Right now I'm also dealing with a stupid lump in my Thyroid so I'm just trying to be healthy and strong just in case it turns out to be worse case scenario. I'm trying to keep positive though.


That's about it. So for me this is about health, strength, endurance and sticking to it. I can't wait to get to know everyone else a bit better. Thanks for the encouragement. This is awesome.

This is me with my little family. This was our family picture last year. We haven't taken a new one yet this year.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry this post is sooooo long. I didn't mean for it to be that long. YIKES

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Mc:) thanks for that....
    hopefully some more people will get on here and start posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man there are so many interesting ladies on here I'm afraid to post my oh so ordinary life but I will! Good to get to know you a bit more MC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey MC, don't apoligize I LOVED your post. Growning up in Africa aare you Africans? Is that how you spell it!?!? I have no Idea. Anyways I have a good friend who's who was raised in africa nd her Dad move there from Liverpool when he was 5. Anyways she moved here when she was 17 all by herself!!! I am so glad you posted a bit about your staory, I feel like I know you better already! Where do you live now? PLease keep us posted on your health, I will definatly keep you in my prays! Good job on the workout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved getting to know you better even if it's just through a post. you and your family are beautiful! i'm sorry to hear about the thyroid issue. my sister and her husband have both had thyroid issues, so i know it can be rough. good luck. and way to go for keep working out!

    ReplyDelete