Friday, October 10, 2008

Totally slacking...

Hi all! I'm Erin. I joined a couple days ago and decided I should post something. We're in the process of moving to Iowa next week so that is my excuse. I did go running 2 miles today after not going for week and feel so much better--thank you Nicole for watching Carter. I PROMISE to get more on track after next weekend and we are there. I've already talked to my sister in law about watching my son so I can go work out during the week.

I'll follow and write a little about me. BTW, I'm the one to the left of Nicole in the picture above. Like many of you, I was pretty athletic in high school--was on the track and cross country teams and danced on the drill team all year. In college, I continued to be pretty good and ran and worked out and did several road runs with my now husband, Brad. Then I moved to Arizona for a year then to Oregon and I have been going downhill in the working out department ever since. We tried for years to have kids with no luck. It was not only hard to get pregnant but also staying pregnant. Had 3 miscarriages and got increasingly depressed, discouraged, and lazy. I started getting serious again right before my 4th pregnancy but stopped once I found out I was pregnant because I did not want to do ANYTHING to jeapordize my pregnancy (paranoid, I know--I know there is no relationship between exercising & miscarriages). I finally had my little Carter last Febrary--gained 40+ lbs during the pregnancy. I've pretty much lost the weight overall but my body is definately bigger in some areas (boobs--I've gone up almost 5 cup sizes & am still breastfeeding, waist, and stomach). Like many of you, my goal is not necessarily to lose weight but to tone up especially my stomach. I think a good core is the signal of health. I also really want to eat better. I'd have to say my bigger weakness is in eating healthy. We are planning to start trying to get pregnant again in a few months. So similar dilemma to Lacey. I have decided though I'm still going to work out at the same intensity at least until it happens and hope to continue during the pregnancy (I'm not as paranoid this time). So, here we go!! Thanks for including me & I am so ready to get back in shape for good!! I will have Brad take my measurements this weekend; I've never really done them before. YAY!!!

3 comments:

  1. erin,
    i didn't know you were on the drill team...hello, we should have gone dancing! anyway, still sad that you are leaving. i'll miss you so much. let me know when you change your cell. good job with the run today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting ready to move and working out! You're so on top of things. I'm going to miss you!

    ReplyDelete