Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. The day just kind of flew by. So I will be updating yesterday and today.

Eating isn't really my problem, I have been able to stick to eating low glycemic pretty easily since I first learned about it and saw the incredible results I got from it. Eating low glycemic totally works for me to sustain my weight, so I won't be detailing what I have eaten, unless I eat something not low glycemic and feel the need to fess up. My challenge though, since I want to totally tone everything up, is just working out. I've lost all of the weight, now I'm just flabby. So this blog is what is going to help push me to work myself out harder and more consistently.

I originally set the goal to work out 1 1/2 hours a day, which has proved to be a little harder than I anticipated. Yesterday I woke up, did 40 minutes of a sculpting video (my arms were way weak from not having been worked out in awhile so that was pretty tough) then I tried to ride my bike for 30 minutes, but I kept getting interrupted with work stuff, even though my office didn't open until 1pm, but hey, that comes with the job. So since I didn't get my full 30 minutes in I wanted on the bike I took a 30 minute walk later with Porter. Today I slept in a little so I didn't get a chance to run like I had wanted, but I did do 1 hour of pilates, and I've done this video many times before but this time I focused more and tried way harder and actually felt a difference. I think that that is what I need to do more. I have been working out for months, but I'm not as consistent every day like I need to be and I haven't been focusing and pushing myself as much as I could have, so that is where I think I will begin to see the results. I just really need to go to bed earlier so that I don't use my need to sleep in as an excuse. So tonight I'm shooting to be IN bed by 10pm so I can wake up at 6:15am and get my whole 1 1/2 hours of working out in with no problem or excuses. Tomorrow we'll see how I do :)

This is a reminder of what I looked like in April of 2007 - pretty scary, eh. I weighed in at somewhere over 200 lbs - I'm not sure of the exact number because I didn't like getting on the scale, but I do remember that after I had Porter I couldn't get below 200. Now I weigh 139, so I'm pretty dang happy with how far I've come. But I'm still not quite there - this is where my working out comes in. In order for me to tone I need to kick it up a notch. But this picture is my motivation - it's my reminder of where I will end up if I stop trying, and I was not happy with myself back then.

7 comments:

  1. YOU are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what else can I say? you inspire me!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously amazing!!!!!!! you are freaking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry i didn't finish my thoughts....you are freaking beautiful inside and out!! i want that same determination and motivation. anyway, you are truly inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so amazed by your self-control and determination. very impressive. i wish you could harness some of it and send it my way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW.. you are amazing!!!!! I don't know you but I am soooo proud of you. You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW.. you are amazing!!!!! I don't know you but I am soooo proud of you. You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all of your words of encouragement!! I had to just finally come to the realization that I wasn't blessed with the genetic lottery, thus it will always be a little challenging for me to stay thinner - thus my determination.

    ReplyDelete