Thursday, December 18, 2008

feeling all icky inside.............



Why am I feeling so icky? Because i'm totally avoiding facing the fact that I've fallen off the wagon. yes. ME. I know...the starter of this whole thing. How can I expect anyone else to stay on track if I can't??

I'm so mad I got so sick for so long....it's no excuse but I really had something great going and then I just fell apart and don't know how to get back on track. It would be easy to say "i'll start up January 1st"...but I HATE that..b/c lets be realistic....what is so great about January 1st? if i'm not going to do it now, i'm not going to do it on January 1st. And today Steve was home from school....I totally could have gone running but I forgot....i'm so mad at myself......

then sometimes I look at myself and I think...I don't really have any weight to lose and it's going to be SO MUCH WORK to get toned the way I want to. So, I make more excuses. Then I think...Maybe i'll just work out from time to time until spring when I can start training for my half marathon. More excuses.

Why?? why am I doing this? someone smack me! someone do something fantastic to get my flabby butt motivated again!! but it's not your responsibilty..I know that. If it's not ME to get myself motivated I won't stick to it anyway. What's that saying ...."If it's going to BE, it's upto ME" .....So, tomorrows a new day. Perhaps i'll try to work out. why is that first day (after you haven't been exercising for a while) the hardest? I hate that first day. sigh....

okay, i'm done my rant....

I'd LOVE to hear how everyone is doing..even if you're sucking like Me!....lets get back on the wagon TOGETHER!!!! PLEASE?? I need accountability. I need inspiration...and you all inspire me.

love you all,

Nicole

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Nicole. It is SO hard to stay motivated especially during this time. I've found the best way for me is to have a routine...that is really the ONLY way that I can stick to anything really. I go to the gym on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday nights during the weekdays and Saturday morning. I don't schedule anything else on those nights...pretty much like how we had done our running. If I HAVE to miss a day, I try to think which day I would make it up so that I'm still going that week. So far, it has worked pretty well. Yea, you are going to do a half marathon?! That's awesome!! YOU are great and an anspiration...just make a plan and stick to it no matter what!! Now, I need to do that with eating!! Miss ya lots!! I have a new #515-724-1317

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicole, I know what you mean. it is really hard to stay motivated. i agree with erin about the routine. it really makes a difference. i am bit on routines and now that i'm not in school i feel like i'm floundering a bit (although i like NOT being in school!).

    YOU CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I am going to say this but you can't get mad...I am not going to even think about exercising until the new year. It gets so busy this time f year and I don't want to have to worry about one more thing like exercising, especially since my family is home all day now. Jan 1st has proven to be a good starting point for me. I am pretty good at keeping resolutions so that is what I am going to do this year. I say don't stress yourself out too much especially right now when you are supposed to be enjoying the season and your family and the holiday's. I love you Nicole and I know that you will do what's right for yourself. Good luck in whichever choice you make just know that I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude,
    i have nothing to say. i'm not motivated, so i can't be a big motivator! sorry. wish i could help more. i haven't worked out since the week before thanksgiving. ugh! for me i have to have a tangible reward...but don't have the money to reward myself...sigh...oh well. good luck!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole,
    Get your butt in gear. Your family is going to be here for this next week so get your butt to the gym in our apartment and run your 2 miles.Tell them you will only be gone for twenty minutes. Then you won't feel as bad when you have your treats during the holidays. Haha I am being harsh. I have been running on the treadmill in our apartment gym and it has felt great. Especially during this weather. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole,
    Get your butt in gear. Your family is going to be here for this next week so get your butt to the gym in our apartment and run your 2 miles.Tell them you will only be gone for twenty minutes. Then you won't feel as bad when you have your treats during the holidays. Haha I am being harsh. I have been running on the treadmill in our apartment gym and it has felt great. Especially during this weather. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why it posted that twice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suck!!! I've fallen waaaayyyyyy off the wagon. 5lbs heavier... sigh. But that's better than the 8EXTA lbs that was me last week :( Sorry Nicole. I suck. I can't get it together just yet. Maybe in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete