I kinda took a little hiatus from posting, both here and on my own blog. But now I am back and ready to participate again. I actually haven't been a slacker with my eating and working out, just with my posting. I will try to do better now.
So I did that no sugar, no animal products and no gluten cleanse for a week. I felt fantastic after that, believe it or not. It was too expensive to keep it up for more than that week (because of the no gluten), but now I'm back to my low glycemic eating and I have cut my meat down to once a week and I don't really eat dairy anyway but I am limiting dairy to a couple times a week. I have actually gotten down to the lowest weight I have been at since high school, and it has been so easy to maintain. I think that eating too many animal products was taking a toll on my weight, so that's why I'm limiting it. But after I finished the cleanse I went back to eating gluten, and I have noticed that I am feeling more tired again. I felt great when I was doing the cleanse, but now not so much. I think gluten affects me more than I thought. So today I was thinking that maybe I should try to cut at least most gluten out of my diet, which will be kinda hard and expensive. But my goal is to feel my best and I felt my best during that cleanse. So, we'll see.
As for working out, I have been doing something everyday. I'll get more specific in later posts. But basically Jeff and I are training to do a duathlon April 11th which will be a 5k run, 15 mile bike ride, then another 5k run. Having a goal really helps me stay focused. Plus it will be way awesome to be doing it with Jeff. He will help to push me, especially with the biking part since I'm not a big fan of it. So that's my plan.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AMY, that is awesome!!! I'd love to try no gluten!! !give me more info!!
ReplyDeleteI have been slacking with my posting too, but I AM working out!!
You looked fantastic at church today by the way!!!
such an inspiration!
i hear you on the no gluten thing. i feel better when i don't eat it too. instead of buying the gluten-free breads, i just cut out bread in general. it is hard at first, but when you get used to it, it gets easier. Katie T. also suggested using corn tortillas instead of wheat for recipes that call for tortillas.
ReplyDeletenice job, and good luck!
amy if you ever want non gluten ideas i have plenty of them. i try to avoid it as much as possible...about 5 days out of the week.
ReplyDelete