so, I have been eating super-healthy.
Smoothies for breakfast (with whey protein, fruit, and greens powder, flax seed meal, coconut water and almond milk), a healthy snack (fruit or nuts), a salad with lots of veggies and chicken for lunch, an afternoon snack (veggies or fruit), and a good dinner with brown rice and some protein (chicken or beans, etc.). Also, I haven't had sugar (except for dr. Pepper) and very limited wheat.
The first week of eating healthy I lost a 1/2 pound. Last week I lost 1.5 pounds! I am trying to focus on incorporating exercise this week so I can lose at least 10 more pounds this summer.
Dr. Pepper is my one HUGE hurdle (as I've discussed before). I only have one per day, but that is still 250 calories of sugar (and chemicals) that I am dumping into my body. I know there are worse things I could do to my body but I am really trying to change my lifestyle and get healthy so I can make some babies in the next couple of years! (I'm not getting any younger....)
anywho, that's where I am. Still trying to tackle my arch nemesis (Dr. Pepper), but I know I will get there. I just need to get over the first week. I can't have one a week or anything because then I'll be back on the sauce ;)
hope you all are doing well.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


This is why i'm so mad that Steve brought home a case of Pepsi last week. I' ve drank 3 cans of pepsi in the last 24hrs. Seriously. I don't buy pop b/c I LOVE IT! I have the self control to NOT buy it , but if it's there I don't have the self control to Not DRINK it. ugh...
ReplyDeleteI keep telling him i'm serious and NOT to bring this junk home but he doesn't listen.
dork.
i wish i had the self-control to not buy it, but i don't. jeff is the same way with treats, but once i de-junked our food he hasn't brought the junk home which is nice (although HE still eats it at work!)
ReplyDelete