
What a great 4th of July I had running the Sauvie Island 1/2 marathon with Sabrina and Nicole. In the past I have always trained for races solo, getting my runs in here and there in between my previous hectic schedule, but this all changed once we moved to Oregon. My schedule changed dramatically from working full time-while finishing up my thesis and graduate studies, to being home pretty much all the time with my little man, while my husband completes Chiropractic School. I am so grateful to have found dedicated women to run with, it is truly a rare thing to find such great athletes and friends who motivate me to achieve my goals and give 100 percent even when I don't want to. I am proud to say the race was a success, I think we all finished strong with times we were happy with. Of course my mind isn't on that race at all though, its on my next full marathon in September. The Top of Utah. That's life right? No matter what we have done in the past or what we are doing in the present we must continually challenge ourselves in the future. I am a strong believer in setting achievable goals, both daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. I guess you can say I'm addicted to running, but I'm proud of this fact. It leads me back to one of many favorite quotes:
"The things we do should consume us. If they don't, our lives won't have any meaning." -John J. Kelley, marathon legend, 1957 Boston winner.
Valerie you are an amazing runner and friend! Thanks for your strength! I love that quote, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome! I know I tease you that you're crazy for running all these full marathons...but it's b/c I admire. I don't have that much motivation!!
ReplyDeletelove ya