
What is a slump? For me I define a slump as a time frame (either a day, a week, or heaven forbid an entire month :( ) when i loose motivation, feel overwhelmed, become lazy, loose sight of goals, or basically just have too many excuses.
This weekend felt like a slump for me. Poor me, poor this poor that, not a pretty sight. I wanted to snap myself out of my self-pity party (feeling sorry for yourself constantly is one of my biggest pet-peeves)
So I turned to writing. Writing for me is such a healthy release. It always helps me remember how far I have came, where I am at, and where i am going. In one of my writing books I record quotes, which help to motivate me.
Here is my quote for the week.
"All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible."
A great aim! That is my goal this week "Aim High." I realize that we all have slumps, its a natural part of life, its how we deal with 'our slumps' that sets us apart.
I spoke with my mother in law this weekend who also happened to be having her own mid-Sunday slump-talking to each other re-motivated our spirits and left us both more committed to our goals and refreshed. What a wonderful thing a 'friend' is. Someone who can call us on the table and tell us to wake up and get moving!
Its Monday, I ran my miles this morning and came back to dust off my 10 minute videos and complete the ab one. So far I'm off to a great week, and its safe to say I'm out of my weekend slump! I hope all of you have a great week, and set your aim high. :)
that was a GREAT post Val! thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteyou're awesome!!!
xo