Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm finally back on track

When I got pregnant with the girls I was at my lowest weight, in the best shape, and felt great. Then I got totally sick, stopped working out, ate whatever would stay down and gained 80 pounds. I felt I had done all that work to get in awesome shape for nothing. So after the girls were born I had a lot of work to do. But I moved out of state when the girls were 7 weeks old, had to deal with the whole skin cancer dealio and surgery, then broke my toe. But now I finally feel like I am on the right track again. The girls are 11 months old and I am still about 17 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, but that goal now actually seems attainable.

Here's where I'm at so far: I've been adjusting my eating to be more whole foods, organic (as much as we can afford), low glycemic, and traditional foods. I've still got a ways to go, but we're not doing too bad. And I've finally been able to get back in the routine of running! I'm pretty excited about it. There are 3 other ladies from my ward that I go running with in the mornings. So I run about 4 days a week and try to do pilates or yoga 1 or 2 other days. But I want to do a half marathon in May and do a duathlon at some point so I need to up my mileage and include biking again. Since the weather is getting crappy up here I don't want to bike outside. My gym has a cycling class I tried that is a great workout, but it's at 5:15 am. Annoyingly early! Why can't they have it at like 6am or 6:15am???? But I just need to suck it up and go to it at least once a week. So that's what I need this blog for - to keep me on track with upping my running and actually going to that way too early in the morning cycling class. Thanks for starting this up again Nicole! Seeing all your awesome progress helps to motivate me :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Amy, that is awesome! Good for you...you are getting so close to your goal! How are you going to prepare for the 1/2 this spring? I also want to be ready to do one then--I think it's in April--the one I did 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy that is awesome!!! you're always such a motivation!!! getting in shape def takes lots of work and sacrifice...I had to do my 7 mile run at 5:30am today to fit it in...but it's worth it! keep at it and keep updating us!!

    ReplyDelete