Monday, September 28, 2009

I did it!

I beat my goal! I ran a 10K this saturday and My goal was to run it at a 8min pace ...last year I ran my first 10K this same month and ran it at a 8:45 pace.....

This time I ran it at a 7:40min pace!!!! I was SO happy..it was hard though..... and though it was a tiny race (268 runners), I placed 58th overall and 2nd in my age group. STill made me feel good.
My friend katie, who I asked to run with me, ran hers at a 7:26 ...she is amazing!
I'm super excited to keep training....just got to find me a race! i'm such a slacker if I don't have a goal to work towards.

how is everyone else doing with THEIR goals????

give us an update!!

1 comment:

  1. you are AWESOME! nice work.

    i'm still running three days a week. i'm doing a running training program from a beginner's running book my friend has. it helps you ease into it. i think i'm running a 5k on thanksgiving. we'll see....

    ReplyDelete