Monday, October 25, 2010

Getting back into the swing of things!

Okay, my baby girl is 8 months old already and I'm finally feeling like I'm getting back on track with exercising. I recently got hired as a fitness instructor at the Y. I have NO experience with this and was mostly motivated by the FREE membership that goes along with teaching there. So...I've been teaching every other week and working out there 3x/week doing cardio, weight training, and kickboxing classes. LOVE it! Another benefit to working there is the childcare--they take kids anywhere from 6 weeks and older. So nice-since the child care issue was my biggest barrier to working out. I also get to take classes to help with fitness certification and am looking forward to learning more about nutrition (which I desperately need help with) and exercise physiology. Yea! Hoping to get back to running again soon so that I can do a 1/2 marathon in the spring. Thanks, Nicole for starting this back up!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, that sounds like an amazing opportunity!!! good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to hear more!! xo

    ReplyDelete