Tuesday, November 9, 2010



I am doing it. The Shred with Jillian. I have never been a huge fan of workout videos, but I am super excited about this one. I am still running about 15-20 miles a week, but with no soon to run races on the calender, and the Portland Rainy season settling upon me- I wanted to switch it up a bit.
And also Christmas is 7 weeks away and I really want to get rid of my last bit of baby weight, yes the same ten pounds I have been trying to loose for a year and a half. I gained 50 pounds with my son, lost 40 in 3 months and have yo-yo-ed the other 10 for over a year. Lost it all before our big Lake Powell summer trip and then returned to the repeat. Here is my cycle. Crash diet for a big event, get within one pound of my goal. Celebrate. Attend event. Come home binge out like its my birthday for a week +. Which equals a gain 0f 5+ pounds. You get the picture. But thanks to a new attitude, my spark account to keep my eating in check, (I love that site! Check it out!) my tried and true running, and Jillian who we all love to hate. I will reach my goals by Christmas.
I have been super motivated by another blogger/runner named Syl who did the 30 day shred challenge with Jillian twice, and have decided to do the same Video. I took my measurements last night which was an interesting experience.
HEre are my commitments for November
Run 3-5 times a week 18-25 miles
Do The Shred everyday no matter what
Do Circuit training 3 times per week
Track all food at Spark

What are your goals for November?

1 comment:

  1. good job Val, keep it up!!! I'm so glad we've stuck at our running together the last 2 yrs. I always know you're there to run when I need you. love you for that! xo

    ReplyDelete