Saturday, December 18, 2010

16 miles:)

today I set out to run 16 miles for the first time:) I was feeling good and excited and confident...woke up to a beautiful cold, sunny day:) as I drove to meet Joel in Banks, I set a goal pace of 8:05 (2:09:13).
We started out and my first mile was 8:22....
second mile was around 8:00 and went down from there, I was a bit concerned at first that I was going to fast as we made it up that first gradual incline...worried I would burn out, but I decided to just go for it and trust in my body that I wouldn't quit no matter what and just see how it went. I feel like I always hold back b/c I'm afraid of burning out.
we climbed the big hill and I still felt good. (all those hills must be paying off).
started the gradual down slope and ran in the very low 7's the whole time...mile 7 was 6:56.
the last 4 miles were back to flat. I was worried I would slow down to an 8 min pace or slower but SURPRISINGLY I held it below a 7:30 pace to the end!

[B]Finishing time was 1:59:58!!![/B]

I set a new Half Marathon PR at [B]1:38:19.[/B] my last half time was 1:46:41 so that is HUGE!.
I still have a smile on my face and joy in my heart. I am so proud of myself and felt the real beginning of believing in myself that I can do this and was actually meant for running.
I love it. I know i'm just a baby and beginner in this stuff called running but it sure feels good to be seeing improvement.
I am SO SO SO excited for my first marathon in May.
Oh...and I went to Red Robin tonight b/c I have 2wks off now and I ate FRIES instead of salad! and had a big Starbucks hot chocolate with extra whip! it was rad. ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment