Friday, October 17, 2008

MC the meany..

Meany MC here. So this post started off to be a comment to Becki's post but I decided it was getting too long etc. and I thought it could work for my post today.

Anyway, we all have times when our eating is not the best. Me included.. have you read my blogs for this week? LOL The whole point is just TRYING to be better... whatever that is. I find if my day starts off badly and I don't eat well then I kinda give up for the rest of the day. This is my downfall. I feel like "well what's the use?!" and I tend to give up before I give myself the chance to redeem myself. It's hard to learn that just because I ate a chocolate bar.. or fries or both, I can't give up. That's when I need to get it together the most! This blog is helping me do that. Thanks guys :)

So today I went for an hour long walk in the West Edmonton mall... no shopping just power walking with the kids in the double stroller. Then when we came home we did dance time in the kitchen for about 45 minutes. I have to say I was loving the Britney today! (the teenager in me... ahhh). Then lunch (aka right off) we had fish fingers and fries. Yeah yeah, I know but on Friday's I ALWAYS do fun lunches for the kids. They get to pick. So anyway, gonna have to make up for that later.

Whatev, OOHH also some interesting stuff. I was watching this show about eating "good foods" for weight loss and metabolism and I thought it was very interesting. Anyway, apples are super good for you if you are trying to cut back on calories. Apparently adding an apple to your diet makes you eat up to 200 calories less than you normally would. Cool huh? Also cinnamon is low glycemic so it naturally helps stabilize your blood sugar. How fun... we could cut up apples with cinnamon.. woo hoo. There was also a section on green tea and soy and how they are good for weight conscious people. But I'm soooo not a fan of soy. Used to be but not anymore. Oh and there was a segment on cayenne pepper. Look up health and weight loss benefits of Cayenne pepper. It is kinda awesome. Basically it equalizes the metabolism and works on the interior actions of the circulatory, digestive, glandular, and lymphatic systems. Cool stuff

1 comment:

  1. Well that makes me feel better. I had an apple with peanut butter for lunch today and part of my dinner last night!

    ReplyDelete