My goal's are simple really. I don't really care about my weight. To me weight has always mostly been just a number. My theory has always been, as long as my clothes still fit, then I don't need to worry about my weight. And after the baby, that happened. Actually, it started happening before the baby, but I just didn't do anything about it. I should have wanted to, based on the fact that I had a box of pants, labeled "Skinny pants", that no longer fit. My main goal: I would like to tone-up. I've always wanted beautifully toned abs...so that's going to be my goal. Besides toning up the rest of my body.
Here's the dirt about me:
* May 2007 *
I had my first baby, Versii. At my doctor's appointment the day I gave birth, I weighed in at 170.9 lb.
* July 2007 *
I started working out. Mostly just pilates and some weight lifting. At that time I weighed 141.5
* 7 months later - End of January 2008 *
Just doing pilates 3 - 4 times per week, I lost 25 lbs since July. (Overall 54.4 pounds)
Bust: lost 2"
Waist: lost 6.5"
Hips: lost 3"
Thighs: lost 4" (I took this measurement at thigh level, all the way around my body.)
* TODAY - October 9th, 2008 *
I just weighed myself and retook my measurements...and here are the results.
Weight: 124 lbs. (That's a 7.5 lb gain over the last 8 months.)
Bust: lost 2" (This probably happened when I quit brestfeeding.)
Waist: gained 2"
Hips: gained 3/4"
Thighs: gained 1"
New measurement: Thigh (around leg): 21", Bicep: 10 3/4"
The Workout Day 1: I want everyone to know, that I did work out today for about 45 minutes. I did pilates and a little bit of core training. And I used my little 3 lb. arm weights. I'm always tired after, but I feel good. Which is a wonder that I don't do it more often.
That's all I'm going to post for now. I don't think I'll take any before pictures. The measurements are enough for me. I've always been one of those instant gratification people. I love it, so it's really hard to stick with something and not see results right away.
Hi Joy!!!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to our group:)
can't wait to hear more! good job on working out today!!!!
I love Pilates too!! It makes you feel so good. I knew exactly what you meant when you said "Which is a wonder that I don't do it more often." I feel like that everytime :)
ReplyDeletei agree about the weight thing being just a number. and good luck with the abs...that's my goal too.
ReplyDelete