Wednesday, January 21, 2009

my plan and stuff

So, I pretty much feel tired and crappy all the time. This is due to lack of exercise, sleep, and lots of bad eating habits.

On that Debbie Downer note, here goes nothing!


My Goal: Fit (comfortably) into my Rock and Republic jeans. These jeans are fantastic and I would send them to one of you, but since they won't fit any of you skinny-minnies, I will keep them on hand for motivation. I suppose I should post a picture of myself in the (beautiful) R&R jeans, but no one needs to see my muffin top, not even me!


My plan:

1) No more elevator usage. I mean, I live on the 3rd floor, it isn't that hard!

2) Walk the dog every day for at least 30 minutes, if not longer.

3) Yoga DVDs four times per week, for at least 20 minutes each time.

4) No more soda, not even diet. Treats are allowed once per week.
5) Increase vegetables in my diet

6) Eat breakfast! (I am attempting to turn myself into a morning person. Should be interesting.)

7) More positive self-talk (i.e. more "you can do it", less "you are chubby"). This one will pr
ove to be more challenging than the rest, I can guarantee it.

My reason why: I am sick of feeling tired and crappy all the time (see above). I am only getting older at this point, and my metabolism is slowing WAY down. Also, I haven't even had kids yet, so I want to have some healthy habits before that happen
s so I don't turn into a fat lard who can't run around with her kids. So not cool. Also, it would be nice to like how I look when I get out of the shower (I know TMI, but I'm being honest ladies).

I will do my best to post at least every other day. Sometimes I feel weird posting about stuff
because you guys are all little tiny things that I could fit into my pocket (or two of you in my R&R jeans), and I'm concerned that you won't be able to relate to my "spare tire" issues. I'm not saying that to get the obligatory "you aren't fat" comment (so don't even think about it!), just letting you know my little internal challenges with this.

Despite my issues, it is nice to have the support and encouragement from other women who have crazy-busy lives and are trying t
o find time for exercise and the energy to cook healthy meals for their families.

On that note, Debbie Downer is finished...right...now...!

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on the feeling crappy and tired all the time. Don't we all just want to feel good?? I like how you have specific goals/things that you plan on doing (baby steps), so that should make things a little easier to keep up with. And by the way, I weigh more than you so ha, you're not the biggest one here!

    ReplyDelete