Saturday, May 23, 2009

Challenges

Hey ladies!!

I was inspired by Valerie yesterday when she said she was planning a 6-7mile run this morning. I couldn't go b/c I had to work but when I got home tonight after working I thought "yeah, I'm gonna go for a run too!". I'd like to start running more than the 3x a week I've been doing. 4-5 days a week is better and I think i'll see more results.

Anyway...I think I mentioned on my other blog how SOME DAY I'd love to be able to run a 7min 30sec mile so I decided to run 5miles tonight and see how fast I could do it.
I did the route that Sabrina and I did a few weeks ago...I had to go up the HUGEST Hill though so that put me back a bit...I had to run straight up 162nd from Sandy to Halsey....THAT was rough....I was tempted to walk part of it but wanted to prove to myself I could do it without quitting and I did!!:)

anyway...I finished it between 38 and 38:30min !! that is about 7min 45sec mile! I was SO proud of myself....now of course I could NOT have kept that up for the length of a half marathon but it gives me hope that perhaps I could run some 10K's at a decent pace if I put my mind to it:)

I just wanted to share b/c My point is that I know we can all Do whatever we put OUR MINDS TO!! If you just push yourself a little bit harder every time you run or work out, you will continue to improve and get closer to your goals!!!

Love you all!
Make it a great week!!!
xo

1 comment:

  1. Since I got pregnant it has been hard for me to work out at all. At the way beginning I was, then I got sooo sick that I don't really move much. But I am starting to feel better so as I read your two posts I started to get a little motivation that maybe I can start working out again. I know I need to take it easy, but I have already gained 10 pounds and I see the flab. It's amazing how just not working out for 6 weeks can make a HUGE difference. So keep posting Nicole - I need the motivation!!

    ReplyDelete